Thursday, 9 January 2014

New Year - new project

This year I am embarking on some online courses - with the view to finishing them for a change.

The first is a journalling course with Kelly Kilmer - well I have signed up to two actually.  Kelly had a buy one get one free offer at Christmas - so I got my son and daughter in law to buy one for me and to send the other to my friend Su  in France of Studio Susanne' fame.   The  idea being that we can encourage each other when we 'flag' or lose inspiration.

Then in the new year, up popped another on line course in my mail box, called 'Pick (me) up 2014' by Stephanie Ackerman - an original idea using 52 playing cards (for the 52 weeks of the year).  Su got some money from her father for Christmas and Stephanie did the BOGOF - so she gifted me the course.  We are going to have fun with these and hopefully I will complete the full pack.

This week's inspirational word is 'CHANGE'.  I gave it a lot of thought - so perhaps have not produced what might have been expected - but here is my first effort - I hope to improve techniques over the year, and change the way I approach projects.
 As usual for me I messed up two cards - because I kept changing my mind!
I had fun playing with backgrounds - very abstract painting with my fingers.
Bright layers on a cold wintery day.
Paint smeared on with my fingers - drying with a dryer between layers.
Using the same paints as the front but in a different order.
Then I roughly stamped with red paint and scraped some paint back creating white streaks - before stamping the wording.

10 comments:

Netty said...

great alterations Lottie, Happy New Year, Annette x

Luvcreatincards said...

Hi Lottie,
Woweeee your card looks brilliant. I don't see why you don't agree. I love love the gorgeous hot red, orange and yellow swirls on one side and your doodling on the other side work sooo well with the text inside and the stamped text you choose for the reverse side work PERFECTLY. I am soo pleased that you are loving the idea of working together on our online workshops and am delighted too we are going to have sooooooo much fun.
Hugs
Su
-x-
idea of us both working together on our workshops

Luvcreatincards said...

Hi Lottie,
Woweee your card looks brilliant - I don't see why you don't agree. I love love the gorgeous hot red, orange and yellow swirls and your doodling on the other side work sooo well with the text inside and the stamped text you choose for the reverse side work PERFECTLY. I am soo pleased that you are loving the chage to work along side each other with our online workshops. I know we are going to have sooooo much fun. Tee hee hee.
Hugs
Su
-x-

gardenpinks said...

Love the art you have created especially the second one with 'flourishes' of paint and like the quotes used on both sides. A good start Lottie :)
Hugs
Lynn xx

Christine B. said...

Happy New Year Lottie, Hope it's a very Happy one for you. Love your creations. The second one is gorgeous. Very clever finger painting. Hugs x ChrisB

maggie said...

Just love the effect you got with your finger painting. Look forward to seeing what you create over the coming year.

Maggie x

sam21ski said...

Looks like this was really good fun and with some stunning results, love them both

Great that you and your friend can both play along too

Sam xx

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love these. Love the free flow of the finger painting, the colours and the relaxed feel. xx

Lay Hoon said...

Beautiful !
Love the bold background and the the quotes too.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Lottie, the second one is an explosion of colours, love it.