Monday 25 March 2013

'Every Day Things' ATC swap on UK Stampers

I am so out of practise making anything arty crafty, so I too the 'plunge' and put my name down for the Every Day Things ATC swap on the UK Stampers Forum.

I have made quite a few ATC's and 'binned' the ones that I thought were not up to scratch, as I wouldn't like to send anything that I would not be pleased to receive myself.
So - above - I have stamped a music sheet background and 'discoloured' it to age the sheet.
The double base image came from a very old paper napkin which I received in a swap a few years ago from New Zealand - and a paper napkin is an 'Every day thing' too isn't it.

 I am not sure which way up this ATC looks better so here are two views. 
The actually colouring in the one below - don't know why it looks different vertically.

These are the every day things that an Eygptologist might have in his kit bag following a dig.
They are 'found objects' tied together on an 'old' lump of card with a written postcard ready to send home - Circa early 1920's.

I stamped the images several times on white card, stained and coloured it,  and cut out and collaged some of the elements - the egg, postcard, and stamp.  Then distressed it to look old

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you havn't lost your touch at all! I love the chello piece, gorgious.

And I like your second ATC facing up so the bugs are crawling up (defying gravity LOL)

Great ATC's
Hugs
The Glitter Tart

Christine B. said...

Hi lottie ,two lovely atc. Love the first with the music and Bass. Hope your keeping well. Hugs x ChrisB

gardenpinks said...

They are beautiful ATCs Lottie but I also loved the other two you made. You need to make 3 for the swap so you will have to retrieve one from the bin :)So glad you have been able to join in the swaps. Hope your back and neck are improving.
Lynn xx

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your supportive comments - really appreciated

Lynn - I had a conversation with Vonny and she advised me that you can make one, two, or three ATCs - the maximum is three but there is no minimum - hence my choosing my two best efforts

gardenpinks said...

Aaah I hadn't realised that Lottie, I thought we all had to make three. It is great that you are joining in with our swaps as you are such a talented and creative person.I still think your other two were super interpretations of the theme.
Lynn x

Sid said...

These are gorgeous ATC's Lottie !