Tuesday 11 December 2012

Fiddling around

Well I braved the freezing weather, and crunched through an inch of hailstones that had settled like snow on the paths - which still hasn't thawed out all day - and made it to the end of rhe garden to clean and tidy up my craft table in the studio after yesterday's play with my visitor.

I forgot to take photos of the lovely Japanese style tiles she made from polymer clay which she finished off by painting and experimenting with rub and buff - in gold and silver - which was a big hit!

Whilst clearing up I came across a few things I made some weeks ago - from scrap clay - just playing really, without any preconceived intention of creating anything.

 I made three tiny bird houses - I had to take these photos through my magnifer!
 I painted two of them today and varnished them.
 And turned them into little charms for a necklace or bracelet.
 It's such a dark day again today, that even under the magnifier light the photos are rubbish
 As I have mentioned before  - my creations are pure therapy so if anything turns out useable it's a bonus - but mostly it doesn't - it the relaxation of just messing around and day-dreaming - whilst looking out onto the garden and watching the birds and chickens playing around!
 These birds haven't been sanded or anything yet and I am not even sure that I'll ever use them.
They are the size of my thumbnail and I couldn't really see what I was doing when I made them, they are so tiny.  I might sand and paint this one - they've both got holes in through their backs to their tummies so will take a pin to make a bead.  If you could see how tiny the scrap of brown clay was you would have laughed!




7 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

Oh Lottie, I adore your little birdhouses, sweet, sweet, sweet. Bless this little birds in this freezing weather. Warm hugs, Sam x

Netty said...

you really have terrific patience Lottie, love your little houses and birds......one day a project will come up and you'll think mmmmmmm I need a bird for this. Now where the heck did I put it......lol xx

sam21ski said...

Love your tiny bird houses Lottie, they look fabulous

Sam xxx

Christine B. said...

Hi Lottie just love those little bird houses, your so clever. They will make lovely charms for a bracelet. Those tiny birds too would look good with them.
Hugs x ChrisB

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these Lottie - both birdhouses and birdies. Such patience to work in miniature and not waste a scrap of material!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment, it is much appreciated.
Lynn x

Terri said...

Lovely birdhouse, and your little birdie bead is very sweet! I believe you when you say it is very tiny!
Hugs,
Terri

A Hovel to Home said...

Ohhhh the door is lovely ... I wish you lived nearer!