Thursday 19 July 2012

I didn't waste any time with Verday

I just couldn't contain myself having opened the parcel!
Why wait until tonight?
This was the first three I painted - but of course they get more coats of paint.

It took me by surprise as for some reason I was expecting the paint to be thick but they were runny which is a good thing as you don't lose the fine detail.
These were the next three - so a better job - and you can begin to see the head is Egyptian on the right
This covered the white rather well.

 This covered well, when I painted it on I did it really thickly - but there are a couple of air bubbles which I had to pop.

Please remember that all these pictures are far bigger than the items themselves, as you can see in a couple of posts previously

 So any little imperfections are magnified!
 These were the last two I painted and have turned out the best so far.
They'll all get at least one more coat or maybe two if they need it - then the patina.

It's fun experimenting.

Looking back at the previous post you can see the vast improvement on the 'naked' ones

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Lottie, you didn't waste any time getting stuck in there - good for you!!

They are starting to take shape and are looking good.

Can't wait to see the end results.

Sam xxx

fatmonica said...

I love the copper-it really stands out.Look forward to seeing what you make with these.

Christine B. said...

Wow Lottie just had a look back on your blog. You've been making some lovely things. You clever lady. Sorry missed your anniversary, hope you had a lovely time. Hugs x ChrisB

Cath Wilson said...

Looking good, Lottie - love the way they're turning out and look forward to seeing the finished articles :-)