Tuesday 31 May 2011

Altered wooden cheese book

Well here I am  - back again - it's been a long time.
This is a wooden cheese box which I painted inside and out
with metallic blues,and pearls.

I used my favourite stamp - the mermaid goddess, and also used a stencil to make a seabed like pattern of seaweed

I managed to find some embroidered edging that reminded me of waves.  It is decorated with sew on little seed beads and 'pearls'.  I happend to find it in a little haberdashery shop which finished it off perfectly I thought.

The mermaid has been finished with a watery pearl wash then sealed to give it a lovely watery finish.

It's off in the post tomorrow for a swap.  My husband asked, 'Can't you keep it and send something else?'  Maybe I can make myself one - but two never turn out the same do they.  That is the joy of  crafting.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky person to be receiving this gorgeous box. I love that image and you are so right, that trim is just perfect (and of course I really, really need some of that now, lol).
Jack xx

Carol Q said...

lucky person to receive that. Gorgeous Lottie. She's one of my fave stamps too.

Chris said...

Gorgeous box Lottie. I have that stamp too but don't use it enough. The trim is beautiful.

themessycraftroom said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous box. Love it, your right that edging looks lovely. Hugs x ChrisB

Ginger said...

Very pretty Lottie, a lucky recepient indeed. x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Lottie
This is fabulous.
I've signed up as a Follower so I don't miss anything.
Wishes
Lynne

sam21ski said...

Great little box Lottie. Fab choice of stamp and colours - perfect.

I agree, two never turn out the same, but then again, I don't suppose they are meant to!!!

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Shairon said...

I love this box! The image and the choice of colours and embellishments are just perfect.xx

Glennis F said...

It is so beautiful Lottie, my favourite colours

Lorraine said...

this is excellent you should make one for yourself as it would look lovely in a bathroom