Tuesday 21 December 2010

It's a cracker

I hardly have time to sit down at the moment - like most mums and grannies - lots of baking and wrapping of presents, etc.

I did make some time a week ago to create this
It smells wonderful when you walk into the little room.  The combination of eucalyptus, pine, and rosemary is so refreshing.  It looks much redder and Christmassey in daylight.

I also bought a real Christmas tree as always from a farm - and braved driving down a narrow country lane, covered in snow, with only one track of tyre marks - that was last week.

I spent a couple of afternoons decorating it.  It takes so long, as every bauble and bit of tinsel brings  back memories of Christmas past.

Are you the same when you decorate your tree or home?

Have a good Christmas one and all, and may 2011 bring good health and happiness.

8 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Beautiful arrangement and a beautiful tree. Thanks for your lovely Christmas card that arrived today. Wishing you both a very Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year. Hugs x ChrisB

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The merriest of merry Christmas to you and yours! Your tree looks so magical.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love your candle decoration. These are really expensive to buy aren't they! One day I'll get my act together to make my own again. I used to, and I remember the beautiful aroma it made.
Well done for getting your tree home. It looks a perfect shape. We have a tall artificial tree...its a slim looking one that I decorate with a vintage feel.

LazyKay said...

Just beautiful, it looks so peaceful, well worth the time spent.

Have a good one!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

sam21ski said...

Happy Christmas Lottie xxxxx

Moira said...

Love the flower and candle piece - and wish we could have a tree like that. I used to go all out with 2 trees - one done in red and gold in the lounge and one with silver in the dining room, and pine garlands and flower arrngements and loads of stuff but then Minnie the little dog who steals and covets everything came into our lives and made that a nightmare so now we go minimal, one small tree on the sideboard and a few tastefiul bits dotted around, too high feer her little legs to reach, at least its quick to go up and come down!

Have a lovely Christmas

Moira

Neet said...

Have a lovely Christmas - your decoration is wonderful - I can almost smell the pine and rosemary.

patsy said...

You post so seldom any more on your blog I came over to this one even if I am not a artsy person. I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.