Monday 21 June 2010

Buzzy Bee


I have been so busy in my garden, up the allotment , and house-wifey things that this is the first time I have had to spend a bit of time in my studio - getting inky
Wild honey distress ink - stamped and painted on with a brush. front and back of card

Flicked water all over it - artistically of course and shaded.

Stamped and painted the queen bee, and did the same with her worker bees.
Dustings of golden pollen here and there and a gold crown (gold stickles)- shame it doesn't show up in the photos.

I interfaced the inside of the card with paper for the message and will add a yellow ribbon to keep it in place.  I will probably stamp a  bee or two inside too.

This will be going to Japan with a jar of Norfolk Honey and Honeycomb.

Bumble bees and honeycomb stamps by Jo Capper Sandon for Stampotique and available from Happy Daze - see side bar for links

14 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

This is gorgeous, love it.

Denise said...

A really beautiful card Lottie

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colour and that bee looks so real!
x

sam21ski said...

Lottie this is fab, that honeycomb in the background looks amazing xxxxx

Unknown said...

Thank you so very much. I'll never be a great card-maker - craftsperson - but I do have a lot of fun, and at my age that's all that counts!

Sally H said...

wow! This is stunning Lottie! I love the bees and you got the colouring of the honeycomb perfectly.

Createology said...

Very fun and I love how you decorated the back of the card with the bees too. Happy creating...

Hels Sheridan said...

Mmm, this is divine hun.. loving your colouring x

Sandies' Patch said...

It is adorable! Lucky recipients in Japan!
Sandie xx

themessycraftroom said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card. The honeycomb on the background is fabulous.A really stunning card. They will love it. xxHugs ChrisB

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful card you have been working wonders with Jo's stamps and just get better and better.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Ohhhhhhhh brilliant! Just how I imagine them being used, fantastic!!! Beautifully created, Lottie.

Jo x

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous card. Beautifully done.

Marilyn

Moira said...

Gorgeous Lottie, all sumemry and fresh and hot! Just like you!