Tuesday 11 May 2010

Butterflies - oh how I just love butterflies

When I went into the EACH charity shop last Wednesday as I usually do, I was looking around and the lady there said, 'Oh hello, you're the bag lady aren't you.'  It really made me smile.  She meant of course that I am the lady who decorates bags - rather than one who lives out of bags!



I have made two like this - not identical.  The image comes from a greetings card, painted by a lady in our Lipreading class - who paints stunning watercolours and has them printed onto cards.

Our tutor is retiring at the end of the summer term, and I suggested a bag as one of her presents - using Dawn's artwork.   I used a different method of image transfer - and it took a bit of getting used too.  The image didn't turn out as bright as I would have liked - so not true to her painting - so  I spent a couple of hours painting over it with acrylic paints and alcohol inks.

It positively glows now, and close up you can see, and feel the textures of the paints.

I will get everyone to sign the butterfly card and pop it in the bag

I hope that she will like it!

13 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Lottie it's gorgeous, Im sure she will love it
x

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I know she will love it. I certainly love mine.
Hugs,Pat

Sally H said...

Lottie, it's amazing! I am sure she will love it!

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning, Lottie - what a lovely keepsake of you all. You're a star :)

LazyKay said...

LOL, hope that means she knows what you like now and will keep it to one side for you - a new title from Allotment Lady eh?

This is a beautiful piece of work, I'm sure she'll love it.

xxxxxx

Createology said...

Lottie when you make something so personal for someone how can they not like it?!! It is beautiful. She will love the thought and labor of love. Happy creating...

Zoechaos said...

What an amazingly talented artist your friend is and what wonderful idea to transfer her art to a bag for your tutor. you certainly have done justice to the art work. Your tutor will be overjoyed with this personallised gift.

Sandies' Patch said...

This bag is so beautiful! You are a clever...bag lady! He He! Couldn't resist that one.
It reminds me of queing at the bust stop when I'd finished my shift at the hospital and one of the visitors said to me,"oh nurse! I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!" What does one say to that? I just smiled and got on the bus...the only thing to do really.

Sandie xx

themessycraftroom said...

Lottie it's beautiful. You've done a fabulous job on it. She'll be thrilled with it. I know I love mine and it goes everywhere with me. Hugs. ChrisB

sam21ski said...

What a fabulous idea Lottie, I'm sure she will just love it xxxx

Shairon said...

Lottie, your talent never ceases to amaze me! Who wouldn't love this!xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Your bags are incredible. This is such a lovely idea. Lynne M x

Anna Patricia said...

This is such a special present! Great job, it is so beautiful and meaningful as well.

~Pat
http://annapatriciadesigns.blogspot.com/